Monday 4 May 2015

Why I Joined: Marie Holmes

As part of our series introducing the study tour team, I'd like to introduce Marie Holmes from the University of Hull. Over to you Marie...
Hi,
I’m Marie Holmes currently employed as a Quality Secretary at the University of Hull based in the Faculty Office for the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.  My role at the University is primarily related to quality assurance dealing with programme approvals, Learning, Teaching and Assessment Committee and Unfair Means Adjudicating Panels and Joint Programme Resit Boards.
I have been a member of the AUA since 2008 and am looking forward to participating in this tour on their behalf; a very mature student graduating with a 2.1 in Regional and Local History in 2009 and an MA in Regional and Local History and Archaeology in 2013.  I enjoy travelling when I can – last big journey was to New Zealand (May 2015) and going to the theatre.
I am looking forward to learning how Higher Education Institutions operate in Poland; how they compare to UK institutions and to share ideas and best practice particularly with regard to quality assurance processes and to learning more about the country itself as this will be my first visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment